Introducing The Wedding Party: Brother

This will be the final installment of this series of Introducing The Wedding Party, as I have given a proper (albeit long winded) introduction to The Dudar, Nicholas Dargus, and Benjamin Caplan and now finally and I will introduce you to my Brother, Scott Ling.

SCOTT LING

Not everyone is as lucky to have a sibling as awesome as my brother.

No one is perfect but to me Scott is about as perfect as one could expect. As an older brother I'm sure my brother was treated with ample disrespect as a child but Scott rolled with the punches the whole way... sometimes those punches were metaphorical... sometimes physical... Typical childhood brothers stuff.

For years we swam together at COBRA, Brock, and finally the University of Toronto. I consider myself exceptionally lucky that Scott chose to follow me to UofT, it's must have been tough given the footsteps he had to follow, it's never fun to be considered the second person to do something but I don't really feel that Scott was ever truly considered to be "Dave's little brother" for any significant amount of time.

Scott truly is his own brand of Ling brother. After recently graduating from UofT with a Masters in Architecture this Spring, Scott is ready to embark upon his own wedding this September to his beautiful fiancee Emily. Way to go Brother, I look forward with great anticipation to being with you on your big day. BTW... pictured to the right is not Scott with his fiancee but certainly he looks pretty happy...

On the 24th of July Scott will stand right next to me at Knox and he will get his opportunity to speak at the reception. Certainly this will be Scott's opportunity to unleash his great equalizer... a keen wit and a unique sense of humour that most might not get upon first blush but certainly a humour that makes sense to me... and that's all that matters.

Thick and thin. Scott's been there through it and for that I thank him but certainly not as much as I should thank him. And to be fair, below is a picture of Brother with Emily....


Brampton. St. Catharines. The Palace. And to the future. Thank you Brother.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ LaCoste & Ling Wedding | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger