The Evolution of the Dress

When I first started thinking about my wedding dress this was my initial idea. It seems to have been influenced by ancient Greek dresses which I liked. I never did find this dress, so never in fact tried it on. However, I did try on a similar style...unfortunately it looked a whole lot better on the model than it did on me.














The second dress that I thought about was one that was 100% homemade! Yes, it was the toilet paper dress! Thanks to the Laurence Ladies of New College 2008-2009 for the lovely party and the fun dress!














The first time my mom and I went wedding dress shopping was in August 2009. It was fun to get started and share the experience with my mom. I tried on lots of different styles and even some with different colours. These below are the best ones I found that day. Nothing really made me think "WOW this is it!" so the search continued. Although I did start to notice myself gravitating towards certain styles.














Next time we went shopping we brought along my sister Nicole and went to Beckers Bridal and their sister store The Dressroom in Toronto. We started at the Dressroom which carries discounted and last season dresses. There were some really nice ones there, but again nothing which really stood out to me. Down the street was Beckers and the very first dress I tried on there was beautiful! It did not have any beading or lace, and had a really unique neckline. I immediately loved it, but continued trying on more dresses (might as well be thorough!).

As most of you know I am a "thinker." I like to put my brain to work before making decisions. So I went home that day to think about the dresses I tried on. After a week, I was still thinking about that dress I tried on at Beckers and then knew it was the dress. I went back for a final time a few weeks later with my Mom, my Bridesmaid Veronica, and Mother in law Karen, just to get a few more opinions. And just like the TLC show that I continue to watch even though the wedding is over, I said "YES to the dress."

It took several months for it to get ordered, so I did not see MY dress until April. Veronica and Emily came with me this time to pick it up. Emily took some pictures. As you might notice, It did not fit me properly yet, but it was all mine and I was so excited!














On July 24th I absolutely loved it! It fit me perfectly and I loved the way I felt wearing it. Here are a couple of my favourite dress shots.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ LaCoste & Ling Wedding | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger