Wedding Projects #5: Cupcake Tier

Credit for this project is due to my brilliant friend Gill. She worked in a bakery for a few years and has extensive experience buying and making cake tiers. When I told her about the cupcakes I wanted to serve, she suggested I make a cupcake tier. I looked online and for the size I wanted it would have cost about $50. So, instead of spending this money on something I would never use again, I decided to make one with the help of my expert Gill.

Online version. I really didn't like how it looks like a piece of cardboard.
Mine ended up much nicer!

I checked out two places to buy cake trays and styrofoam. The best place (cheapest) was Bulk Barn. We spent a total of $20 (saving $30 + shipping fees).

When it came to making the tier, Gill and I had to center all the tiers and create 4" styrofoam circles to place between the different levels. We covered it all with silver ribbon so it all matched.

When it was all done, it held about 80 cupcakes!


The final project stood up really well! As silver was one of the wedding theme colours, it fit perfectly.


There was a bit of spillover of the cupcakes onto the table.
My mom made all 160 cupcakes.
We had lots of leftovers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ LaCoste & Ling Wedding | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger