Wedding Projects #6: Head Table Decorations

In my wedding budget, the Head Table Reception decorations was subsumed under Hall Decorations ($700 total). Unfortunately, the linens ended up costing $505 so, really that left me with just under $200 total.

My original inspiration came from my friend Kristin's wedding in June (6 weeks prior to mine). She used a series of draped linens, icicle lights, sheer linens (tule fabric), and plants. It looked so pretty! These are some of the images which inspired me (very similar to Kristin's wedding):


In order to create this look for cheap, I borrowed white icicle lights (from Kristin!), and bought some white tule fabric ($20). I also bought some table clips from the dollar store which held the tule and lights in place. I bought these on a whim and wasn't sure how useful they would be, but they ended up being a life-saver. Not sure how we would have done it without them!

For the rest of the decorations, I placed the girls' bouquets on the table during dinner. In fact, my bridesmaids were so great that within 1 minute of walking into the reception hall, my bouquet was taken from me and placed on the table. They really set things up nicely! I also added some "poofs" or "pom poms" which were made out of tissue paper (See Project #7) AND some of the smaller centerpiece vases. A last detail which I added was to place two plants (Boston Furns) on the stage behind the table. They were not very visible, but added a bit of green. My dad found these plants for $10 each and we used them at the reception as well as at the church.

In the end there was a lot on the table! Maybe a bit busy looking, but I really liked how it looked.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ LaCoste & Ling Wedding | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger