Wedding Projects #8: Guestbook

My mom and cousins, Lisa and Chantal, worked on this project. I had some ideas of what I wanted, but ultimately got too busy and just left it in my mom's very capable hands. In the end, it was nice to have one less project to have to work on.

Instead of a guest "book" we opted for guest "notes." My mom is really into scrapbooking, and so had lots of paper to use. She used white and purple scrapbook paper. To decorate the pieces of paper, she used the cricket, which is a paper cutting machine which can cut intricate patterns into the paper. After coming up with some templates with pictures of wine glasses, flowers, and bells punched into the paper, Lisa and Chantal went to work creating 150 of them!

Figuring out the right designs

Figuring out how to use the cricket


The bowl we used to place the notes inside was a glass bowl that my parents received for their wedding 25 years ago. We had an assortment of purple, silver, and white pens.


We made sure to have enough notes for both the afternoon reception and the evening reception. I can't remember who, but someone was put in charge of making sure everything got transported from one venue to the second venue. This was a very important job!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ LaCoste & Ling Wedding | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger