Introducing The Wedding Party: Benjamin William X Caplan

Aside from my Brother, Ben is the member of my half of the wedding party that I have known the longest and I am truly lucky to have a friend who has been there for me over about 20 years to now have at my side on my wedding day.

BEN CAPLAN

I met Ben in St. Catharines while we were both swimming for Brock Niagara Aquatics during the 1990s. A lot has changed over the last 20 years, although Ben's feet are pretty much the same size, and Ben and I have been through it together all over that time.

Swimming proved not to be Ben's deal over the long haul (despite his brilliant form shown below) but our friendship transcended the pool and moved to the pool halls, and from there we went to school together, had a hilarious time working at 3 for 1 Pizza together, moved to Toronto at roughly the same time, lived in The Palace together, hit up the Zen Lounge countless times, worked at the UofT pool together, enjoyed Crazy Strings at the Silver Dollar Lounge while swilling prohibition era quality beer, we've watched a number of UFC shows together, Sunday night beers and pool at the Fox & Fiddle, and most recently he moved in with Nathalie and I for a short while this year. There have been many more moments beyond that as well and let's just say that there are no half-baked ideas that I would not buy into if Ben asked me to get involved in.


Currently Ben is fully entrenched in an art career and I could not be more proud of his evolution in this pursuit (you can see one of his pieces below). At one point in time art was a hobby for Ben much like playing the guitar, shooting pool, or relentless womanizing but now it should be considered that Ben has gone pro in two in those pursuits, the first being art and the second... well, if you don't know him then you will and let's just say his billiards game is not what it once used to be.


I have grown up with Ben, much in the same way that Nathalie has grown up with Veronica, and our friendship has endured our crazy teenage years and sadly now our 20s that are in our rearview mirror. I will always be there for Ben and I'm confident that he will always be there for me and on July 24th he will be exactly where I hoped he would be and that's in the wedding party.

Thanks Ben, I deeply appreciate your friendship.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ LaCoste & Ling Wedding | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger